For the vintage sound, 80/20 Bronze strings are popular for recording due to their crisp, deep and projecting tone and appeal to many traditionalists for their historical significance. The original acoustic string alloy was selected by John D’Addario Sr. and John D’Angelico in the 1930s. All D’Addario acoustic strings are wound on a hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core, resulting in long lasting, bright sounding tone with excellent intonation.
D’Addario, the world’s largest manufacturer of musical instrument strings, is known as The Players Choice with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and consistency. D’Addario’s innovative, environmentally friendly packaging reduces waste and provides protection from corrosion. All D’Addario strings are manufactured in the U.S.A. using proprietary, digitally controlled, state-of-the-art machinery for unmatched performance, set after set.
- D’Addario’s most popular acoustic gauge, ideal balance of tone and playability
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, Bronze Wound .024, .032, .042, .053